Jul 13, 2012

Excerpts from Juniel's interview about Yonghwa

During the recording, he helped me like a really nice brother. As for "Fool", he asked me nicely, "Here, please make it sound more animated", "I'd like you to do it this way," etc.

"Before I went up on stage, Yong Hwa oppa told me 'Relax and just do what you always do. Take it easy.' I'm really thankful to him."
http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1340511354347089020
 
"I consulted Jung Yong Hwa sunbaenim many times when I had a hard time before my debut. He told me that although it's important to create popular music, I shouldn't lose my own color. People who have heard my own compositions told me that I lack popular appeal. I think it's most important to try to have many people like the songs that show my color."
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=111&aid=0000285981


"...'Fool' is written by (Jung) Yong Hwa... Yong Hwa oppa's song was so pretty, I loved it. He wrote a song that suited my vocal range and accentuated my strengths very well. I think he's such a good composer."
http://isplus.live.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=8611357&cloc=

"Jung Yong Hwa sunbae advised me that wearing just one in-ear monitor is good because that way he can hear both the audience reaction and the audio"

...CNBLUE's Jung Yong Hwa caught attention with earnest support, by presenting a song for Juniel's debut album. He also appeared in numerous music shows with Juniel, more than fulfilling his role as a sunbae ad a mentor.

"I think having Jung Yong Hwa sunbaenim by my side definitely lessened the pressure for me. He took me around introducing me to writers and PDs, and taught me what kinds of things to write on my CD when I gave it to them as gifts."

..."Jung Yong Hwa sunbaenim gets a little picky when he's in the studio. He says, in a gentle voice, "Yes Junhee, great job. But let's try again." about 100 times. I think he did it to improve the quality of the music. He's just not someone who is scary to others, always very nice to everyone. I think that's why when Jung Yong Hwa sunbaenim says he wants to do something, non other sunbaenim complains and follows his lead."

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=04&c1=04&c2=04&c3=00&nkey=201207051800483&mode=sub_view


translation by heich
links compiled from post by cnbluebb @ http://cnbluebb.blog.me/20161979440

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your translation. Jung Yonghwa is a very nice guy that is the reasons why I love him. He works hard for CNBLUE and FNC /not for himself only. I hope "some people" should know that too. (Sorry for my poor english^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this interview. This kind of "backstage" story made me appreciate his hardwork even more. I feel that Yonghwa can put himself nicely as a brother/friend and professionally as a senior/musician at the same time without making people feel uncomfortable. I admire that personality of him. I really hope he will keep exploring his talent in composing and producing, together with the band too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and translating everything about CNBLUE,i'm big fan of cnblue ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing these absolutely heart warming behind the scene stories.
    Can't admire him enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is why i love Yong Hwa as a leader and as a musician. i am proud that he did it on his way...he made it this far...such great talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing this heart warming of YongHwa. This makes me admire YH more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He always gives me more reasons to love him! Thank you Heich for translating, this shows that he's not fake and that he truly is an admirable and kind figure. I'm happy that Juniel said so much about him, it shows us that what he did for her, he must also have done for CNBLUE behind the scenes. A true leader ♥

    ReplyDelete