Jan 11, 2012

Feb. 2012 Issue of Arena37: CNBLUE Intervew-part 2

cont'd from part 1

-I thought, once again, that CNBLUE is a band that treats music and rock in a serious manner.

YH We ourselves have grown up listening to rock all this time. As a listener (of music), I really like rock.

-I can deeply sense such devoted love for rock in all three of your recorded songs.

JS We're very happy.

JH Also, to go on about "really loving" things, we love performing live, too. The second song, "Get Away" is a song I wrote specifically for live performances.

-It has a very speedy feel to it. Even just listening it on a CD, I could naturally imagine the live performance of the song.

JH I'm glad my intention worked. To be honest, I wanted to perform this song early at our tour last time, but I restrained myself and we showed just little bit of WYA.

-So you showed a little bit of the new song again this time (smile). How was the fans' reaction?

MH It was very well received. I wish we could release it as soon as possible so that they could listen to the entire song. I'm looking forward to find out how the fans would react at that point.

-You're all such a tease (laughs).

YH After all, we would like that for the very first time, they could hear it in a complete form, the original song by itself.

-Indeed. By the way, JH, when you created "Get away", did you actually watch videos of live performances?

JH Since I already have the experiences of live performances well ingrained in my body, I didn't watch videos to write the song or anything. But in my mind, as I brainstormed about how I'd like to do the next live performance and how to structure the song, I realized that many of our songs are in medium-tempo. From there I thought, If we add more upbeat tune, we would have more intense and energized live performances.

JS By the way, "Get Away" is the most recently written among the songs.

JH It was finished two months ago.

-I see. Last time, YH mentioned that great songs are usually completed in a short amount of time. How long did it take you to complete "WYA"?

YH This song was (written) fast, too. I started at 2 am, and by 4am, I finished creating the basic line.

-Did you prepare yourself mentally saying, "on this day, I will compose a song!"?
YH No, actually, I was shopping online when suddenly a melody came up on my mind. I stopped shopping right away and concentrated on writing the song.

cont'd in part 3

3 comments:

  1. I deliberated over posting this, because this interview is so good and I wanted everyone to enjoy it fully before ruining it with my silly joke.

    But now that people have probably read it, here it is ^^; after reading YH's last comment, I had a blast tweeting with other friends about YH actually writing this song as an "online shopping song", searching for fashion items and waiting for its arrival...

    Here it is:

    In the middle of the night, YH's searching where (insert here: bling-bling bracelets, watches, or earrings) are in the murky and twisted world of web, but it's taking long to find the ones he wants. Running out of time, he ponders whether to give up here or look more. Then bam! There it is--the thing that will make him SHINE BRIGHT. it's a little expensive, so his hand shutters a little. Still clicks to get that shiny thing to put on his body and his face. But his busy schedule kept him out of home resulting in missed delivery: hence "I'll always be right there~T.T"

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the article ^^ I was just commenting on one of translator's blog that I wish we were able to read such thought of YH and CNs in their own original words (since I assumes the mag article is a translation of the interview).
    However, I must say, thankfully, at least we have all the fans/people who translates so we can appreciate the musician in them that's beyond their pretty face~ much appreciate all the work! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. brightbb/I wish I could, too. because there aren't many Korean articles that interviewed them this much in-depth. even us Korean fans are being "translated" what they actually said...

    thanks for visiting and commenting :) I wish I could capture better the ways they actually would have said things.

    ReplyDelete