Jan 13, 2012

Feb. 2012 Issue of Arena37: CNBLUE Intervew-part 3

cont'd from part 2

-Does such inspiration come to you usually in the middle of the night?

YH Mostly it comes to me when the members go to sleep and it gets quiet.

-After creating a masterpiece, do you ever get caught up in excitement and wake up the sleeping members?

JS That's okay. Even if he shakes us, we don't wake up (laugh).

YH So, I wait until everyone wakes up, and have them listen to the song.

JH When we wake up and listen to a good song first thing in the morning, it makes me very excited and I feel good for the the entire day.

MH If time allows, we start working on it right away.


-Next, the third song "feeling" is quite different from the first two songs. It's a medium-tempo song with a very delicate tone of piano.

YH This song is another new challenge of mine. In a fastistical worldview, I tried putting together vocals that sound like moaning(*the word, 唸る also has meanings like growl/roar/howl)

-You said that the theme of your entire debut single was "dreams and hopes". Is there also a theme that all three songs share this time?

YH The theme is still "dreams and hopes", but compared to our last single, all the songs were upgraded in power. We're sending positive messages that, "no matter what desperate situation you fall into, you should never give up. If you change the way you see it, everything will work out alright." I think that in WYA, the subject of "you" is not a specific someone, but it can change depending on each individual listener.

JH Also, "we continue running" is another theme that runs through the entire album.

-By the way, do you have personalities that usually accept everything positively?

YH I'm the ultimate positive guy!

JS Me, too. I hear that I'm always smiling. I smile whenever I'm down, because it lets me forget about difficult things and makes feel good. So I always try to keep smiling.

JH I also have a positive personality, but YH and JS's degree of positiveness are exactly the same, like twins (laughs).

-Do you think that way yourselves?

YH/JS We're the same!

JS That's why, although I'm younger, I don't have to be as keen to his senses. Instead, MH's personality is our opposite. He's not negative or anything, but he's very quiet and reserved.

-MH, are you usually the one who listens to everyone else?

MH I think so. When I'm keeping quiet, I tend to be pondering about things in my head.

JH But, although MH usually takes the role of the listener, he also talks to us about his opinions and many different things.

MH To the members, I can say anything. But I'm extremely shy to strangers. When I meet people for the first time, I get nervous and can't say anything to them.

-When you first met the members, were you shy in front of the three?

MH Even at our first meeting, the hyungs were all very nice to me, so I almost forgot about being shy in front of strangers. But...

-But?

MH Just to JS, I was shy.

ALL (laughs)


cont'd in part 4

3 comments:

  1. thank you for translating..
    they have different personalities..
    but really match each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the translations! I have to stop myself from spamming your blog with thanks and replies, for I'm afraid I'd look like your stalker (hope you won't find me annoying in case I can't control myself).

    I must say it's all these interviews that have made me love them more. I have never been tired of hearing them talk about music with passion and reading journalists describing (indirectly) their different but totally lovely personalities. I don't think I'll get tired for there's always something new I find about them each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kacchanvoice/ you're very welcome ^^ I think so too. they complement each other so well! such a lovely bunch of guys. :)

    klaritia/ no problem. and please don't stop or control yourself? hehe.

    cnblue's really strange. they make me love them more when I didn't think it was possible to do so. I try not to say only nice things about them, but can't help it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete